Fostering soft skills through cultural activities
EU-Programme: Erasmus+, KA2, Strategic Partnerships for Adult Education
Coordination: Association de Gestion des Fonds Européens (France)
Duration: June 2021 – May 2023
Project “Be creative! aims for remobilization and re-socialization of vulnerable adults using the Cultural activities, especially live spectacle. The aim is to enhance the soft skills of de-affiliated young people in order to facilitate their social, cultural and professional integration. At the end of the project, beneficiaries should be able to reclaim their life course, identify their needs and expectations and set up specific actions according to the scheme “SEE – JUDGE – ACT”.
The project aims to empower educators and adults to understand and consequently act on soft skills, defined as character traits or interpersonal aptitudes that affect the ability to work and interact with others, required to smooth their social and professional integration. Adult educators and teachers can play a central role in providing learners with knowledge and practical information to help them understand the challenges and act as active citizens in their local communities, individually or collectively.
Be creative! project aims to:
- Create an andragogy method and training resources destined to the trainers (Users – Training for trainers/counsellors/teachers) to enable them to build participative, empowering and emancipating training sequences using Cultural activities (especially live performance activities and techniques),
- The trained trainers will accompany vulnerable adult learners (final beneficiaries) to enhance and mobilize their soft skills to integrate the society.
Three main opportunities will be worked with the final beneficiaries:
- How to introduce oneself through the performing arts / storytelling… in order to create paper but especially audio / video CVs or even pitchs;
- Intergenerational work on origins (family, environment, etc.) = work on self-knowledge (one’s essence / one’s assets) and self-confidence for a successful professional orientation / adapted to one’s personality, wishes and strengths.
- Acquisition of valuable technical skills and creation of a network.
However, a particular focus will be placed on the following soft skills: Communication, Adaptability, Problem solving, Team work, Critical thinking, Conflict resolution and Leadership.
Project Nº 2020-1-FR01-KA227-ADU-095060
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.