Improving work-based learning through employers links
EU-Programme: Erasmus+, KA2, Strategic Partnerships for VET
Coordination: Belfast Metropolitan College (UK)
Duration: October 2020 – September 2022
BRIDGES project aims to provide a bespoke framework, blended CPD programme and digital resources to support VET providers and professionals in improving WBL through effective employer engagement.
Expected outcomes of the BRIDGES project are:
– Knowledge acquired on efficient employer engagement pathways by partners’ organisations and other VET providers involved in the project;
– Skills gained on employer engagement by VET professionals involved in the project;
– Increased use of the BRIDGES virtual learning environment and community of practice;
– Reinforced links, synergies and cooperation among partners’ organisations but also other VET providers and their network of employers;
– Increased awareness of VET and WBL as an attractive way of education and employability;
– Enhanced capacity of VET providers and professionals to proactively engage with employers to identify and respond to their specific skills needs;
– Deep-rooted strategic partnerships with local, national and international employers of every size to work in designing and delivering VET solutions that meet their current and specific skills demands, whilst planning for those of the future;
– Increased appropriation, transferability and scalability of the project and its outputs (available as OER is six languages – english, portuguese, german, spanish, polish and greek) by VET providers and professionals, but also by other educational players, such as AE and HE in other European countries;
– Expanded awareness of VET and WBL as an attractive way of education and employability, across Europe.
Project Nº 2020-1-UK01-KA202-078809
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.